Netlify Functions offer a workflow for building and deploying serverless functions with AWS Lambda.
Building with serverless functions requires some thinking about how to approach the design and development of your applications, and an understanding of the tooling available.
This workshop will teach you how to get started with serverless functions, and how to use Netlify Functions. You’ll gain an understanding of some of the underlying principles of serverless architectures as we build our own serverless application.
- Writing and deploying your first serverless function
- Using serverless functions to render dynamic content
- Environment variables
- Working with dependencies
- Netlify addons
- Authentication and authorisation
- Testing serverless functions
- + more!
Familiarity with package managers npm or yarn
A laptop with the following
- A laptop and power adapter
- A text editor like VS Code
- A terminal